July 09, 2008

a very angry nasha aka enisha kaktus

Received a call earlier today from Malaysia saying that I appeared in a local paper and unfortunately it was my sister, Layla who came across it, so the mocking was endless although, my dad and her then did try to assure me that it was a nice photo of me.

pops in an earlier email, along with the article:
"But, that is a very lovely picture of you. but it does upset me that they could even suggest that a daughter of mine would go by the handle "enisha_kaktus". Kaktus?".

The thing is I did not submit my photo and an opinion to some lame ass magazine. So, like any good citizen I sent out an email to the editor, giving her a polite-well put together b.melayu + english piece of mind.
Even if it was for a magazine I loved, I would have still made a complaint. It's defamation. My rights!
Even if I had an enemy who thought it was funny to do this, the magazine co. should have checked the validity credibility of the source. If not,imagine how many pranks can be pulled and the amount of unhappy people out there who will sue your asses. oh right, many consumers in malaysia still dont fight for their rights.
Anyways, I'm going against my first post that my blog would not be filled with life ramblings what not .
I apologize.

So really, here is my REAL opinion of what the article was about. Hopefully, one or two of the readers from the magazine, which I highly doubt will read this, and if it was someone who hated me [which if its you shaliza, you could have done better!] you did a pretty good job at making me sound like the uncles at family events who *share their opinions=oh you better believe their opinions are all that matters*.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and what they want to say, even celebrities. Yes, replying "no comment" does make you look dumb. But, it really depends on whats being asked. Some artiste answer "no comment" just so that the media would stop focusing on trivial matters. Keanu Reeves for instance, in one interview, when asked whether he was gay, answered 'yes', he did that not because he actually was but because he is a very serious actor.
Now, when asked about matters concerning their career and what the do and then artiste answer 'no comment' then yeah, that is pretty shallow. They should try put more effort in trying to sound smart.

I was considering putting up the actual article, but I'm a bit embarrassed by it and also, I'm not too sure of my rights of putting it up. I'm sure there's a legislation I could look up but I'd rather play it safe.





No comments: